I won't fault Canazes. Anyone can have a bad day. I personally look forward to much of what he says and the angle that he does know the man knows very well. Trying to blend those lines into Las's world sure isn't going to go well though. Lol

For anyone who's been in Las's shoes however, it is an uncomplicated form of getting it 100% done and often with ease. Las likely lives in wooded terrain such as I. I've killed freezers apon freezers full of game with loads that I never Chronoed. For the last 10 years or so however a good buddy brings his chrono to the range and chronoes some of my loads for me. Funny thing is I already pretty much had my velocities pegged based on trajectory that I had recorded. I haven't put anymore game in the freezer either.

As far as shooting long range? I've got a load I've been stretching out to 700 yds with a 143 eld. According to trajectory I'm pushing that load about 2780 ish. When I put it to the chrono I'll bet I'm within 20 fps. For the record I do intend to buy a chrono this year but only for the sake of useing recorded velocity as a pressure indicator as Mule deer often points out.

With that said I do love my 6.5X55 swede. I've just ordered 100 more Lapua brass and 300 147 Eld-M Hornady's to give a try.

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field