Originally Posted by 1minute
Have a chopped Swede still carrying its 109 year old military barrel. Put together some ladder loads and every round was inside 1 moa all the way into the point where I was getting pressure indications.

It was initially purchased to be a truck gun. No way! Getting it tricked out and it will live in the safe.

I blew mine up, felt really bad about it until I heard who else in this world has blown up a rifle. 1926 made I believe, "butchered" and I had to replace the replacement safety it came with. But it shot well and truck gun was my plan also as I only had about $210 into it.

I have 1918 Gustaf in full military garb that I had planned on "customizing". Purchased in the 90's for $85 from Big-5. Had a B Square no gunsmithing mount and a cheap Simmons 4x pistol scope mounted on it and it shot Remington 140's quite accurately. As in a +/- 2" three shot group at 200 yds. As the value of the original military versions keeps going up I can't bring myself to "sporterize" it.

Not when I have 6.5x55 bbl for another rifle I own and it shoots even better than the old girl.

Someday even more 6.5x55's might find their way into my locker.................. I hope.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?