Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Great post, Hi_Vel, and spot on.

You live in a area where some great sportsmen live. I envy your access to guys of that caliber. Enjoy them while there's time to do so, their time and your time...

Time is one commodity we can't replace, buy any more of...

When it's gone, it's gone...

DF

DF, JG, and WYO, thank you for the good words. i really enjoy reading all of your posts--i'm amazed at the talents that each of you have.

DF, i remember you quoted that to me many years ago, and i've not forgotten it. a very good concept, "signature line" material for sure...

conceptually, when we "draw lines through the people that we know", the intersection of all those lines appears to be "our place" in the scheme of things.

to meet, and then know--guys like Bill B., Bob S., Mule Deer, shrapnel, scenarshooter, etc., is a pretty fortunate situation indeed--my place. but it happens because it happens, without any striving...

the campfire is still a good place, with a lot of great guys. the thing that i wish is that there were more "in depth" discussions of the various topics, rather than surface issues such as, "look at my new grips", or "check out my new scope". it's like reading Jack and Jill, or Dick and Jane. these are ok in a sense, especially for beginners--but they cannot whet the appetite for long--and at some point it has to be more--getting to the meat and potatos...

the guys that were talking about in this thread offer "the more--the meat and potatos"...

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...