Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
There's less drama here than other boards, but there are several things that I believe everyone should keep in mind.
---

Experience levels are different. Be nice. If a poster is not clear, help him communicate his idea. And don't preach!

People check in from all over. Never hunted a kangaroo? A moose? Read more. Speak less.

The animal might be the same (whitetails), but the topography is different. A poster hunts whitetails in Ontario, Canada in thick cover. You live on the plains and have never seen a whitetail up close. Read more. Speak less.

Nosler Partitions are not the only bullet to use. Not every animal is wearing Kevlar. Some people cannot afford them. Others don't like their performance.

Equipment like scopes, bullets, rifles or reloading gear. Not everyone can afford, or needs a $2,000 scope, a $2000 rifle or a Forster press. This board is supposed to be about hunting, not who can spend the most money on gear.

Some people have less schooling than others, and may not tipe or spel properly. It's not about correcting their spelling or grammar. Or worse, chiding them about "being stupid". It's about helping and exchanging ideas in a thoughtful way. Think before you respond.

The best part of a campfire - a real hunting campfire - is sitting around with friends and enjoying their company in a shared experience. Some of you would do well to remember that.

That may well be the post of all posts.

You covered a lot of real truth there, Steve.

Thanks for your insight and wisdom, as always.

For a Canuck, you make a lot of sense... laugh

DF

That WAS a hell of a post!

I have gotten a ton of really great info on here, and am very grateful for honest, direct answers.

No one has said, "geeze kid, dont you know how to use the "search" feature?".

I am MAGA.