Originally Posted by Hi_Vel
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Could you prevail upon Shrap and Dober to grace us with their presence, again?
I miss their common sense, and experiences.

The answer John gave you is spot on, as Kirk and I have discussed this numerous times.

I might also mention another factor--"the game of life."

My old friend Bob S., a hunter and trapper of the highest caliber, comes by about twice a week to visit while we swig down a can of root beer. He said to me one day, "it seems all i'm doing anymore is going to funerals".

This past November, one of my early mentors--Bill B., passed on. He was also a mentor for Pat (scenarshooter). As Pat said to me recently in about these words, "I've never seen anyone--whether in the field or on the range--who could handle a firearm like Bill. He was in a class all alone".

The following month, Lee B., retired orthopedic surgeon and extraordinary handgunner, also passed on. He was one of Kirk's best friends, and it was a devastating loss to him.

I visit with Kirk and Pat on a regular basis. (I don't really know Dober, even though we live in the same town, so can't comment specifically in that regard). Kirk called me on Thursday, and came by on Good Friday to visit. He had his 3 year old grandson along. He was as happy as a man can be.

When guys with skills and experience like shrapnel and scenarshooter, (and numerous unnamed others too), place a post here--a post which can call for a significant amount of time away from family and friends--their intent is to share with others, and to guide others in their journey. Yet at times and in some instances "tin horn amateurs" try to take issue with some of the valuable info they post. As folks begin to see that the sand is quickly slipping through the hourglass, one realizes that life is too short for that, so why bother.

Subsequently, Kirk is busy hunting with his kids and friends, and also busy mentoring those friends and his grandson, while Pat is busy hunting with family and friends, and mentoring his son's--and any others who have occasion to want to learn.

Just my observation based upon knowing these guys for decades...

Yep, great post Hi Vel, and one of the reason one of my favorites moved on. Keith EH76, two long range Booner goats under his belt and suckers telling him he didnt know chitt about long range shooting.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin