Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Dreamers are a drop in the bucket.
"The program has allowed at least 770,000 illegal immigrants to find jobs in major U.S. cities, even though tens of millions of Americans outside the cities are unemployed or have given up trying to find work."

- From the article

Those jobs were available to everyone, not just Dreamers. If they didn't go after them, who's fault is that? Lots of Americans have never developed a work ethic, or lost the one they had after being on unemployment for long periods. Got a neighbor like that, and have a whole slew of former in-laws (all white citizens) that have sat on their asses their whole lives.

One thing I learned the last few years I was working is that working immigrants, legal or not, are hard-chargers that generally work their asses off. The origins of ones I worked with include Iran, Korea, Morocco, Macedonia, the Phillipines, and various places South of the border. The Bush line about jobs Americans won't do is crap, because I've done some of those jobs myself, and not just as a youth, but in my experience, most immigrants work hard and long at whatever job they can get, sometimes several. As long as they're within the law, I've got no problem with them.

By honoring the promise made by Obama, Trump is proving that he's not a racist or xenophobe, and that he is willing to give a fair chance to good people. By deporting the ones that break the rules, he's proving he means business. I never liked the Dreamer program, but compared to the other immigration atrocities, it's, like I said before, a drop in the bucket. Those Dreamers will eventually go home, as so far as I know, there's no citizenship path or even permanent legal status included in the deal.

Congress need to get off its ass and make this plan legal or kill it, taking the option away from Trump and those who follow clearly and cleanly.

Last edited by Pappy348; 04/22/17.

What fresh Hell is this?