Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Trump Flip Flops On Obama's DACA "Dream Act" He say's "It's a case of the heart."

Until recently informed by Ann Coulter to the contrary, I was operating under the assumption that Trump undid Obama's "Dreamer Act" (executive order) within days of taking office, as he promised. I hadn't even bothered to follow up, so confident was I in his authenticity.

All these emotion based flip flops are making it appear that we elected Suzy Homemaker president instead of the hard-nosed, no nonsense, businessman, he portrayed himself to be.

A sad picture made him cry, so he launched missiles at an Assad regime military instillation, and now this. What's next?

I've NEVER thought of Donald Trump as anything other than an egomaniacal elitist windbag, so the campaign persona he adopted never resonated with me in the slightest in terms of believing that those positions represented his core values. I think his core value is "Donald Trump is one awesome dude" combined with "I will say whatever pops into my big orange head if I think it gains me something".

Since I consider him a liar without peer I'm not surprised to see that his campaign promises are falling like confetti. Some of them- and ironically, Chris, this would be one of them- I'm fine with him dropping. However it's heartbreaking to think that his populist appeals to a truly desperate segment of our society might have been, hell probably WERE, total BS.

With Bannon on the outs he's morphing into the worst kind of knee-jerk neocon there is, as you say. frown

My only consolation is that I don't think he'll still be POTUS beyond 2018.