This might be of more interest to Canadians, but the story is interesting enough to post.

For years I've wanted a No. 1 in 30-30, but as most of you know, they aren't easy to find. Even harder in Canada.

Last week, in a moment of weakness, I ordered a G2 Contender through an importer (no No. 1s available). $456 US. Contenders are not popular in Canada because of the importation problems that resulted after 9/11.

So far, the company that I ordered from has been very attentive and have kept me informed on the progress of the shipment. They do all the paperwork. You just supply your information. For Canadians, that's your PAL (Possession/Acquisition License No.) and mailing info.

They ship once a month to Canada, so it won't be leaving to come up until the middle of next month.

I will post the company's name should everything go smoothly.

I asked about a 30-30 barrel. They are restocking and told me that they should be available next month. With a little luck, both will be shipped together.

I have a box of various pointed 308 bullets that originally were destined for an H&R SS, but for whatever reason, was a piece of [bleep].

The older I get, the more difficult it is getting to make a simple purchase - a box of bullets or a rifle. The bottom line is, I won't be shooting it until late June or even July. Silly.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]