Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Steve, as you build your barrel collection you might want to consider an alternative or two for sights. The picture I posted earlier was shot with an old El Paso Weaver K2.5, as were the groups below.

Another that I'd recommend is the older Leupold 2.5X which does yeoman duty.

The Sneezer likes the red dot as well.

My view on the Contender and the likes of modest velocities is that the handy nature of the platform is not handicapped by low power glass. Smallish scopes do not encumber the gun with bulk and complexity, but they do perform beyond the needs of the platform. I have 3 barrels for my own with another on order. Two of the three wear Millett SP1 red dots and they do fair enough from day to day.

What? You don't like my 2-7? smile

It's easier to get a Contender up here than the proper Leupold scope. Or Leupolds at reasonable prices. Most shops only stock what are perceived to be the best sellers - 3-9s, "tactical" scopes, etc. With our dollar being in the tank, even a cheap 2.5 Leupold Ultralight is $500, and a special order item to boot. A 4x33 is $560 taxes in. It's madness! Madness I tells ya!

We need our dinar to be worth around .85 to .90 for business and commerce to recover up here. The exchange rate improved from when I bought the Contender - a couple of months ago it was approx. 1.35 CDN for 1 USD. Now its 1.28 Canuckian for 1 USD. Lot of businesses up here are doing the minimum stock thing. The exchange rate is a real commerce killer.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Thinking of a 10-12" Maximum from MGM as well. If I go with that I will have Bellm cut the chamber.

Should be a nice whitetail cartridge for a handgun in the woods.

I agree. Get that barrel and have fun with it! I wish I could do the same, but here in Canuckia, we are not allowed to hunt with a handgun - unless you're a police officer, that is. smile The minimum barrel length for a rifle is 16". Crazy, ja? But true.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]