Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I have an original 1st Gen Contender to which I fitted a 23" carbine barrel, and found a Bishop thumbhole stock for it.

[Linked Image]

It's quite accurate, though stiff to open. At some point I need to give it to someone who knows how to fit locking lugs, and get it to where it opens more easily. I really should refinish the stocks too, so they match.

The Bishop thumbholes are long out of production, but work very well, IMO. I like them more than any of TC's carbine stocks.

One of these days I may take one of the current Miroku Low Walls, and have it rebarreled to .30-30. Think that would be just about perfect for that round, maybe even a bit nicer than a Ruger #1 smile

Sounds to me like your needing an "Easy Open" mod done on that old piece. Bullberry is your friend.

Have a variety of barrels for the Contender, all rifle length pipes. First was a 22" .30-30 and it shoots so well it's boring. Pretty much doesn't care what bullet I put in it, they run fine.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain