I was trying to be polite. grin

As for silly rules...

Earlier in this thread I mentioned not getting a hinge pin with my action. I phoned the T/C customer service line and was told that since I live in Canada, they could not send me a pin. The reason is because it is a gun part. crazy It had to be forwarded by the T/C rep up here.

I rationalize it this way. It would be impossible for the US govt to go through every firearm part to determine whether exporting them would constitute a danger to the country. As a result, they said that if it attaches to a firearm, it's controlled.

Consider what I went through to get the frame and barrel. I ordered the action in mid April. The barrel a few weeks later. I just got the barrel last week. Three and a half months!

Frame: Went through an exporter (and paid his markup) to get a single shot action sent here. Extra time, and the paperwork had to be filled out. Final cost: $705 CDN ($520US)
Barrel: Same. The exporter's markup and added expensive for shipping. My barrel ended up costing $770 CDN ($570 US) because of the added fees and markup.

Total, not counting scope and mount: $1445 CDN ($1090US)

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]