I finally got the Contender out for a range trip. I have been busy with it and the 30-303, some stock installations and several replacement scopes. I have also been hunting. Not much time for here.

I had 10 125 gr Remington factory loads that I used to sight in the Contender. I don't believe Remington makes them anymore, but Federal makes 125 gr 30-30 loads.

I fired odd and ends. Different loads and cartridges left over from my reloading bench, as well as partial boxes of factory ammunition. I had a bunch of 110 gr. loads that I used to try in some of the 30-30s I've owned over the years. They never shot worth a hoot from my levers, or an older Handi Rifle. In total, I shot about 65 cartridges.

The range was deserted. That in itself made shooting a lot of fun. No one to worry about. I wanted to show you the wooden walls they put up. You shoot between the upper and lower walls. I'm not sure what the height of the gap is, but if you look closely, you can see bullet holes along the bottom of the closest wall. Look under the 50 Yd sign. The idea is to stop projectiles from being shot over the backstops. That has never been a problem, but it's 2017. Someone in government probably got a raise or a promotion for thinking this up.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]