Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Yeah, we need to stop passing down the wealth. Kids today need to learn again about Mother Necessity.

Couple days back the kids and grandkids were here. I asked one of the 14 y.o. lads what he was gonna do when the grocery shelves were barren. He told me he would shoot something. I told him the ammo shelves were barren too. I swear I saw a light bulb wink on between his ears. -Oh the horror!- He paid remarkably close attention as I showed him how to recharge a primer, cast a bullet etc..... Then I showed him the simple path with a flint lock long rifle. He asked if they still make flint locks. Jesus wept.

Grampa will guide him. wink

He might be more upset that his online games and cellphone won't work, should there be a 'zombie a flock of lips'. You'll get a handle on him. And for God's sake, buy the kid a flintlock!

Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
Steve, Have you checked with Ed's TCs? He has a huge selection and is priced pretty well. Most barrels appear to be MGM. His .357 Max is listed for $295 for a basic carbine barrel.

I didn't know he existed. I'm new with Contenders. He might not sell to Canada, but I can check with my importer, if he doesn't. I just sent him an email.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]