Originally Posted by SamSteele
Valsdad,

I got to go to Game 2 vs the Sharks too. The only game where Kassian has heard his name chanted I'm sure. It's been great to break the drought with a deep playoff run.

If you guys want Drew Remenda back I'm sure there are a few thousand Oilers fans that would ship him back to you. His commentary on how good all the other teams are and how bad the Oilers are playing wears thin for the Oilers faithful around here.

SS

I haven't been to a playoff game since 1996 or so in SJ. And that was a 6 hr drive to get to. Again, I'm jealous!

Drew has been badmouthing your team? This year even? That doesn't really seem like him. He used to give credit where credit was due and vice versa. He was never afraid to question management decisions, especially from above the coaching level. I watched an awful lot of Sharks games and was happy to hear him calling it the way he saw it instead of just toeing the party line. As I understand it, that's kinda why you folks have him up there. Wilson didn't want him around any more. I've heard a lot worse commentators, that's for sure.

I wish your team the best. I think it would be great for the youngsters on that team to get to the final, even win it. It would give them the added incentive to keep playing their best to try to get back, even with a relatively "weak" team, for the rest of their careers. And good for hockey in general to have a Canuck team. If Ottawa wins, to have two Canadian teams in there would just be too much!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?