Both on the Kintyre Peninsula, Scotland.

Heck anyone can drive there as long as you don't mind a sixty mile drive up and drive back on a two lane road but after sleeping in a tent in the rain at the Kennacraig ferry landing I climb on the bicycle and pedal towards Clachan. No town apparent from the road, just a gas station and little store. Shoulda been BFE, or at least about as BFE as Scotland can reasonably get, WOULDA been BFE fifty years ago in my youth.

But this is the age of the innernet and cable. The young guy behind the counter tells me that, thanks to the 'net he had become a huge NFL fan, was flying to Vegas next year to watch a game. Small world ennit?

Ten miles down the road, Killean (again no town visible) and a ruined chapel, 800 years old, roof all fallen in except for the crypt, sealed with an iron grate. Over the entrance carved in stone "Here Lie the Bones of the Largies." and inside a number of armored knight grave effigies, some graves despoiled. It was in a beautiful spot on the shore with a view of the Isle of Gigha, shoulda been tourist attraction. But a real creepy vibe. I'll bet that place could tell some stories, not sure I'd want to hear 'em all eek

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744