Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by 308ragincajun
East of Alexandria, LA heading towards Natchez, MS are several places that would have made good locations for the movie Deliverance

North Georgia back in 1971 and 1972....

WHERE THEY FILMED Deliverance... and when they WERE filming it....

All of the background people in the movie, were actually locals and they didn't
have to really do the make up etc routine on them....there were plenty of local people
just like they portrayed them in the movie......

other spot is where I live now......wasn't 23 years ago when I moved here...

but the drug use in our society, the welfare programs, legalizing dope etc..
its becoming like the Oregon version of Deliverance...2018 style.

Respectfully disagree. My family farm is/was located on the South Carolina side where they did most of the filming. The area up there has some of the most beautiful mountain scenery you’ll ever see. Agree that the locals provided most of the talent in the movie, with about all of em just plain ordinary folks like you and I. The banjo picker is quite the normal fella in real life....nice guy who enjoyed his 15 minutes of fame. He may still be around, but I have not seen him in years. Good ol fella though.

Our farm, as well as others, on the SC side was lost at that time for contruction of the largest nuclear power facility east of the Mississippi River. We lost the farm and were “flooded out “, exactly like the movie script. Families had the right to move graves before the land was flooded. Some chose to, others didn’t. At the end of Deliverence you see a scene where they were moving graves to cemetery plots on high ground. It was not a staged scene.....that was my family!

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.