Originally Posted by NVhntr
I guess if you only fire three shots on a trip to the range to zero your rifle, a trigger becomes a minor thing.
I'm not sure exactly what "wasting ammo" is defined as, but I usually fire at least 100 rounds on each range trip, and I have found an excellent trigger adds immeasurably to both the enjoyment and the precision of my shooting.

I'm not arguing with you, nor telling anyone how to spend thier money. I am saying I can't see the benefit to me. It might be diffrent, if I were shooting competition, or maximum range, but the longest class A range here is 100yards. The nearest range is only 75 yards.
Ohio is fairly new to rifle, so I'm used to the accuracy of a shotgun for large game, and even with a sabot barrel, a rifle is more accurate than a shotgun. (With any factory trigger). And since I hunt meat, not scores, and what I pull a trigger on tends to oblige me, how could I justify the cost of the upgraded trigger?

Now, I'm not trying to derail this thread. I just mentioned that I couldn't see the value vs the cost, so I'm walking away here, to return this thread to it's intended path. My apologies to the OP.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~