Originally Posted by TWR
First off, RRNM triggers are $120 list and on sale for around $89 and the Geissele G2S lists for $179 and goes on sale for $120. The $30 difference is worth it to me. The $279 triggers may be the berries but I'm not to that level.

You can't compare a bolt trigger with an AR trigger. The design of the standard AR trigger has some built in safety designs that won't allow it to be tuned good enough to compete with a good trigger and remain safe. I've seen too many "tuned" standard triggers have problems if they're shot enough. I have had a few decent standard triggers (after firing about 500 times) that were good enough to use on my Colt 6720 and a 6920 with irons and red dots or so I thought until I broke down and installed G2S's in both of them and I started shooting better. On a bench any trigger can be made to work but I shoot these 2 guns off hand and the 2 stage G2S's made a big difference. Maybe it's just me.

I don't waste ammo but I do shoot quite a bit and every shot I try to learn from.

I like things that work and if I'm hunting a coyote or shooting a match, there is no room for sub par parts. It has nothing to do with combat.

Have you tried a Geissele SSA-E? IMHO it's way better than a RRNM. It's just nearly as good as a good bolt action trigger in the second stage and the 2 stage design makes it as safe as a stock trigger. On the second stage it only takes 2 lbs more to break. Just as you think you might be able to detect the smallest amount of creep it breaks,leaving you wondering if you really felt any creep at all. It's very easy to stage to the wall for targets,or just pull through in rapid fire.

The main thing is that the 2 stage design is safe and dependable. You aren't operation on minimum sear contact,like a single stage where a drop or hard hit could set it off. It's also an open design that isn't prone to being clogged up with debris like the closed box designs. IMHO it's the very best in a combat precision trigger. You aren't giving up anything over the GI design and you are gaining quite a bit in precision.