Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
In your experience, what does a $$$ Geisselle or whatever do for you that a a $90 RRA match or $150 CMC trigger won't do?

Well, that's really easy................gets rid of creep, grittiness & mushiness & replaces it with little or no creep, no grittiness. little to no take up, glass rod break & usually a faster reset, oh, did I mention consistency?

CMC triggers are not bad & I have used them, but surely not in the class of some of the other, better single stage triggers. (Read the assessment & look at the chart for a graphic view)

Read through this....................might help you out a bit.

www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/04/jeremy-s/ar-15-drop-in-trigger-roundup/

Of course, YMMV, & trigger feel is subjective & means more to some than others.

MM

I've never used a RRA Match trigger - are you saying they have "creep, grittiness & mushiness"? The CMC and some other lower cost (vs Geissele) triggers I've tried seemed pretty good but I've never tried a Geissele so I don't have a comparison point there, either.

While I hate crappy triggers (and love good ones), there seems to me to be point of diminishing returns. Caveat - I don't shoot competitively except against my previous efforts, and the chances of me seeing combat at 67 years old are pretty slim.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.