Originally Posted by FishinHank
Meh, I work around thousands of dead fish all fall every year. I am pretty tolerant to bad smells. About the worst I have ever smelled though is a dead whale, wooo weee.

Dead whale is bad. During whaling season sometimes a whale dies and goes to the bottom. If they can't get to it, it's just lost. After it lays there a while it starts to rot and then floats to the top and drifts the way of the seas, which is usually toward the beech. It attracts polar bears from MILES. Seriously bad smell. Eskimos call them "stinkers" for a reason.

One time in Barrow somebody called the store I worked at and ask if we could deliver some 1/4" plywood. They were working in a big shop wearing tyvek suits because the odor would even attach itself to their clothes. They were working on their skin boats with Uguruk skins (bearded seals) and I came walking in with that sheet of plywood. I couldn't get out of there quick enough to keep from puking on the floor. Horrible stuff.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain