BH,

I've got 3 30-30s as well. One, a '56 Win. 94, that I killed my first deer with. A 7 pt. at the family farm in Varnado, La. the day after Thanksgiving 1975. Including other family, I'm loading for five 30-30s. I'm looking right now for another one for a nephew. If practicality were the only consideration, we as sportsmen would only need three long guns.

Sarge,.

Dang fine shooting with iron sights. Yeller dog looks like he is thinking, I knew you could do it. I had the SC first, I found the Texan and liked how it felt and handled. They feel like a 94 in the hand. I'm sure that's what Marlin was going for.

JDK,

I bought the SC first and thought I would sell it when I bought the Texan. I then realized I liked both enough that I wanted to keep both. The handload was originally worked up for the SC and that group was the first one shot with the '63 Texan after getting it dialed in. They do seem to want to shoot, a fact that's going to work for my brother. I'm giving him the case of handloaded ammo to go with his Texan. I had a single box of Rem. 200gr. CL that I used to get all three rifles on paper. From what I could tell, they all would have grouped well with that ammo too.