i know this a Marlin site, but in my younger days i killed alot of deer with my 1972 Winchester m94 in 30-30 with 150 and 170gr factory loads. one shot / one kill was the rule. Back then i loved open sights but now, my eyes ain't what they used to be. then about 25+/- years ago, i put her in back of my safe and i just pllain forgot about her. about 5ish years, i sent the m94 to JES Reboring and it came back a 35/30-30. then i use 200gr RCBS FN GC with 2400/tuft of dacron and it goes 1726fps. i know the bullet goes slow and there is no recoil to speak of........but in the past 4 years, she has spoke 3 times. 1 buck and 2 does. the buck was at 53 yards and the two does were 20-30 yards. i don't alot of fps to put the deer down.

brass is simple to find and all you need is a 35 Remington dies. i use 35/30-30 CH4D dies and 30-30 Starline brass. i gave all of my 30-30 brass (Federal, Remington, Winchester...) to my son to use in his Savage m340.

i did, however put a Williams FP aperture sight on it. i couldn't see the open sights and the target.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".