I think the .35 Rem. has got to be the most over rated cartridge out there. I can't count the times I read an article in a gun rag when I was a kid where the author stated enthusiastically that it was a better deer killer than the .30-30. Then I got one and started shooting deer with it expecting great things. Having already killed a bunch with a .30-30, it was then I realized those gun writers were full of shyt. Not only did it not put them down any quicker, my deer tended to run a little farther on average after a solid lung shot. If that weren't enough, it cost twice as much for ammo that was much harder to find on gun shop shelves and .358" bullets cost half again as much as .308" bullets for reloading. To say I was disappointed in the .35's performance would be an understatement. My dad didn't raise any fools and thankfully taught me the value of money and being practical. The .35 was sold and I've never regretted it or been tempted to buy another. Good riddance as far as I'm concerned. I've killed nearly 100 deer with my .30-30's since that .35 went down the road and have always been completely satisfied and content with it's performance.