Dude everytime somebody posts about how much they like an old gun in 35 Remington,you seem to take it as a personal insult.

I can only add that I have 4 marlin 336s in 30-30 and three in 35 Remington and enjoy them all.

Two JM marlin 336C models in 30-30,as well two Remlin 30-30s. The Remlins are a 336T Deluxe,and Marlin 336 Dark that is factory threaded for a suppressor.All four are excelent guns.

The 35 remingtons are all JM guns and two are presafety rifles. Two of the 30-30s are scoped but all of the 35s have ghost ring reciever sights.

I prefer the 35s when guiding for hogs in thick cover. I have used the 200 grain round nose corelokt to kill a big mean wounded boar that was charging and intent on
bodliy harm of me or my client.

The big bullet did what it always does, stopped the charge and kiiled the boar. We were able to weigh this boar on scales and he weighed 292 pounds. The bullet went through the thick gristle plate and destroyed the vitals instantly killing the boar at less than 5 yards.

I can tell you from experience that the 35 kills as quickly in such situations as a good 45-70 load, and that is saying something.

I hunt deer with both 30-30s and 35s and personally had to blood trail a well hit buck with a 30-30 in which there was no exit and little blood. So far I have not experienced that with the 35s.

All I can add is that if I run across a good 336 Texan in 35 Remington,it's going home with me. The 35 Remington ammo costs more because it's worth it. My family hunted with Reciever sighted Marlins in 336 in 35 Remington when I was growing up. One of my cousins killed over 70 whitetail bucks with his 35 and never lost a wounded deer. If you don't want one,don't buy one,but never imagine for a second that it's not one of the best woods cartridges ever made

Last edited by ruraldoc; 08/22/23.