I've had several 30-30's and 35 Rem's. I'm down to one 35 Rem in a 336 made in 1955. I have several 30-30's, a Marlin made in 1949, and a Mossberg, and a Remington 788. Over the years I've had '94's, and a 94.
The Mossberg has a mounted scope (for my wife). It is very accurate. The 788 wears a scope too, but so far, I have pretty much kept it in the safe.
That waffle top 30-30 is pretty nice and I've shot nice groups with it.
Example: 30-30 Marlin 336, 150 grain Core Lokt, 33 grains H335, 0.2" - 3 shot group at 54 yards for example.

I cast bullets for both and with cast bullets I think the 35 has the advantage. But why anyone would dislike one or the other, IDK? Maybe they had a bad experience with one? As far as one is much worse than the other, I disagree. I think that bullet selection makes a bigger difference than the caliber. Back in the day I think the 35 had the advantage, and probably it still does.

As far how much it costs to shoot one or the other - sort of 6 of one and a half dozen for the other. But I rarely buy factory ammo. I have all the brass I need for either and for the rest of my life.

If I only shot factory ammo, I'd prefer the 30-30.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally