I ordered mine online, sight unseen 🤣. When I open the box and saw it I knew first hand what everyone meant by “mud finish”, in the darkly lighted building it just looked brown. I didn’t really care at the time because it’s mainly for hunting and a little target shooting and since I don’t baby my guns, it’ll be marked up in short order. When it showed it had the potential to be fairly accurate was when I decided to strip the brown off. Here’s a couple of pictures of when I first bought Mud Hen home and a couple targets, CCI standard velocity 40gn 1070 fps, my first 5 shots out of it at 25yds after I bore sighted and mounted the scope, the other’s at 50yds after putting about 75 rounds through it, right after this group my next was terrible and then I noticed the scope had moved on me. The CCI’s worked pretty good for me in this rifle but you may get different results.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

I looked at the pictures of your new gun, to me it looks like there’s some grain under the finish. Take a bright light and look at it when you get it in hand.

Last edited by Namuh; 02/07/24.