I finally picked up the CZ457 yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised it could pass as a new unfired rifle, there is not a mark on the wood or metal.
The other good news is that the stock finish is not as muddy as some others I have looked at, it certainly wouldn't qualify as a great finish but it is good enough that I can live with it. The wood does appears to be fairly plain underneath the mud.

The barrel sets perfectly aligned in the channel and has a minimal amount of free-float, testing bedding by loosening and tightening the action screws while holding my thumb on the barrel at the fore-end the bedding feels solid. I ran some patches through it and mounted a scope and planned on shooting it to establish an accuracy baseline before doing anything more to it.

Today has turned out to be a beautiful blue sky however the temp is only 28 and winds are 15 -20 mph so shooting will have to wait for a better day.

I'll get some pictures up in a few days.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.