This is exactly why I refinish many of the rifles I purchase . The factory finishes on so many rifles is muddy and covers up some really beautiful grain most of the time IMO. Sometimes the difference is enough to make you say "wow" once you get the finish on. Even several of my Kimbers needed refinishing and the difference is night and day ...

Namuh, you probably already know this if you've been doing this awhile, but let the Truoil cure for at least 30 days before knocking down the gloss so it can cure completely. If you're in a very humid area it may take a bit more time for it to fully cure. I've been warned about this when I first started doing stock work and my impatience wouldn't allow me to wait that long. I paid the price by having to redo several finished projects until I learned to wait . It does make a difference I found out.... wink

What are you planning on using to knock down the gloss on your finish? I've been experimenting with a couple new techniques lately and getting pretty good results, but I'm always curious what others do...

Bob

Last edited by Sheister; 02/22/24.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.