Originally Posted by K22
Because I'm a curious sort and yes, I know what happened to the Cat. LOL Anyway, I was wondering what would be the rimfire scope of choice if you could only pick one scope for rimfire use. The use would include informal target shooting, Squirrel hunting, and just all around plinking.
As some know, mine is the old Burris 6X mini AO scope.

A couple of honorable mentions for me is the Leupold FX-II 6X36 with fine duplex and parallax set at 40yds.
One other that I'm really liking is the Tract 3-9X40 rimfire scope.

You are going to get so many answers, and they will all probably work well. I know no one is going to suggest the scopes I use, but that is fine. I like to keep the power range to around a 4.5-14x42 or 4-16x. Those power ranges are quite usable. I also use second focal plane scopes, as the reticle getting smaller (to the point you can't see it), and larger, where it's huge and useless for way out there, when you crank it up is pointless: I just stick with a SFP scope. The main rifles I use right now, wear discontinued Burris AR rifle scopes. These scopes get used on all of my AR's as well, except for my 6.5 Creedmoor, that uses a NF. The beaty in this scope is it can be used on just about every type of rifle in the inventory. They weigh 18 oz's, and are not extremely huge, like some newer scopes are (no offense Arken).

One scope I have to show, is a LOW made Weaver v16 4-16x42, and it is also a great simple scope that works very well. The parallax adjusts down to 30 feet, or something like that, and the glass is pretty good. However, the Burris AR scopes shown in the pic are better...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Weaver on the model 52:

Burris on the cheap azzed Savage MK2:

Old faithful with a Burris:

I've always liked a little more magnification, even on a "squirrel" hunting rifle. Here, that is ground squirrels and jackrabbits. So trust me, I have a little experience at shooting at running targets too. A lot of the times, I'll head shoot squirrels, and the higher magnification helps with that. Shot the head off a ground squirrel yesterday, at 508 yards away. Using a 308 and a Nightforce though, so that doesn't count in the rimfire section..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA