Originally Posted by drover
K22 - IMO it is hard to beat the Burris you already have, I had one of them years ago and was really fond of it. I do seem to remember that it was a bit dark and the eyebox was critical, if my memory is correct I can see why you are thinking of something else, particuarly for a dark woods hunting scope.
Of the ones you listed in you original post I would go with the Leupold 6x36, it has good glass and the eyebox is not critical, and they look nice on a trim 22 rifle. The Tract may be a good scope but I really despise the looks of the Euro style eyepiece, they ruin the lines of nice looking rifles.

Nice targets - I am of the same opinion as you regarding magnification. I do like higher power but a lower power is not as much of a handicap as they are made out to be.

drover

Your Leupold 6X36 choice is an excellent one. Back when Leupold had great customer service, they set the parallax to 40yds. on 4 6X36 for our shop. I bought all 4 of them. grin They also replaced the standard duplex with a fine duplex and those scopes are awesome. One of the features I really like about the Burris 6X I have is that 5" eye relief. I shoot with both eyes open and that much eye relief helps a bunch.
The Tract optics are very clear, super clear may be a better description, but the scope is a 3-9X40 which is more than I need on a Squirrel rifle. I'll probably mount on the 22mag.