Some brands and models of scope are mentioned often, but there still are a lot of different scopes and sizes being used.
I was never a fan of the hubble telescopes. With modern technology I've noticed they are getting shorter which is a plus in my book, but they are sure gaining weight. Trying to keep up with society? LOL
A 20+ oz. scope isn't something I would put on my light weight Squirrel rifles, but again, that's just me.
A few years back I tested 2 of my rifles I knew would shoot the same ammo very accurately. The ammo was Wolf Target Match. The distance was 50yds. and one rifle had a 24X scope on it and the other a 6X. Both rifle bores were cleaned before I started shooting. The results verified what I was saying concerning me and my shooting. I could match the group size at 50yds with a 6X scope versus a 24X.
Nothing against the higher magnification scopes, only that my needs for a Squirrel hunting scope aren't the same as others. Most of my Squirrel shooting occurred in trees much lower than 50yds. and a good clear 6X was more than enough scope. In fact, I used to zero my 22lr. rimfires at 100ft. as that was close to the maximum ft. I ever had to shoot. Add to that I was shooting uphill so a scope set to hit approx. 1/8" above center always worked for me. The rifle I used back then, a KDF K22, is still zeroed to hit 1/8" high at 100ft. That setup never failed me.
Below is the target I shot with the 2 different scopes.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This is a couple of targets I shot many years ago with the KDF K22 @100ft. The larger target at the top was shot by the owner of KDF at 50yds using my rifle and Win. Super X. The guarantee from KDF was 5rds. of Win. Super X @50yds into a 1/2" group or better.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]