Originally Posted by 24HourCampFireGuy50
Originally Posted by tikkanut
My around the house dispatch rifle

Ruger 77/17M2 w/Lilja barrel

Vortex 2-8x32 Diamondback HP

First 6 p/dogs of the year with it this week

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
A great scope for open fields, can be challenging in darker woods.

Since we're only allowed one scope I would go for clarity and versatility in conditions and magnification while sacrificing light weight.
https://www.opticsplanet.com/nightforce-nx8-2-5-20x50mm-rifle-scope.html?_iv_code=NF-RS-NX8RS1-C622
That’s one hell of an expensive scope right there. I probably speak for a lot of us here, when I say a typical rimfire 22lr, just doesn’t need that kind of a beast on top. A scope that is reliable, clear enough to see well enough at the distances most of us shoot rimfires is sufficient. Like a lot of these guys suggesting straight 6x, 2-7, 3-9x40, and 4.5-14x42 or even 6-18x40. They are all acceptable, even the modest priced ones, like Tasco, weaver, Nikon, Burris, and Bushnell have worked flawlessly over the years. Anything over 10x should have an adjustable objective, anything with less magnification doesn’t really need it. I’ve shot a schidt load of rimfire to know what works, what doesn’t, and also what isn’t necessary.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA