Originally Posted by 24HourCampFireGuy50
@BSA1917 That is true. The OP didn't ask about need or typical, it was choice of one to do all. 1-6x makes a good critter stopper, 36x makes a good target puncher, the compromise is 2.5-20 with a quick throw. Illumination for night use. Personal preference, I'll use side parallax instead of AO. 11yd to infinity will cover any rimfire range. Add up the cost of all your rimfire scopes, I'll bet you could easily afford the one Nightforce.

I have Nightforce, on my precision rifles, and love them. No need for one on a 22lr. My 7-35x56 Atacr would look funny on top of any of my 22lr's. However, I remember one time putting my NXS 5.5-22x56 on my 10/22 to shoot a KYL match. My buddies laughed at me and asked if I really needed a "$2,000.00" scope on my 10/22 to kick their azz. I said to my friend Dave, Ok, I guess I'll get my Savage MK1 FVT with the $100.00 Bushnell on it. Now, that was funny!!! It wasn't surprising who won the KYL matches that day..
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I wish I had taken a picture of the 10/22 with the huge NF on top. It was kind of ridiculous looking..
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

After that, I pulled the NF off and put the Burris AR scope back on it. That's how it has stayed since. It does well enough with that rifle scope. Those are discontinued now, but all of my AR's wear them. They also work damn well on just about anything else I put them on.

The way I see it, is you have guys saying you need this or that, when in all reality, you DON'T. Sometimes that may intimidate new shooters. I like proving things work, by showing examples, and as we should all know, there are multitudes of scopes that will work on a rimfire. Or at least I'm assuming guys have tried most, if not all, much as I have. I've been shooting since before I was in kindergarten, and playing around with different scopes on rimfires, since I was about 12. The first ones are just like some of the ones that have been mentioned. Simmons, Nikon, Burris, Bushnell, Tasco, Leupold, Redfield and Weaver. I'm not a scope snob, when it comes to what goes on my rimfires. Why? Because I know what works..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA