I've got an uncle you'd never know was one. He's pushing 90, stayed in the old sketchy part of town all these years in a paid for house. Literally just bought his first new vehicle ever as a treat to himself...a tacoma. Claims to have saved and/or invested 33% of every paycheck he had ever made, he was GT grad in chemical engineering, traveled the world for chalk companies and ran plants. Had millions but so stingy he wouldn't even buy my aunt a clothes dryer, she had continue using the clothes line. Has given the max gift to all 6 of his grandchildren each year since they were born, so they left HS with a nice little next egg. When he kicks the buckets, leaving each daughter a cool mil and each grandkid 500k. Aunt died from brain cancer in the 90s and he remarried, he spoiled the next wife and it was bad subject for the daughters. She got to enjoy his successes and not their mother.

Now my other uncle was one too, VP at Abbott and ran between all their international offices and facilities. His kids never wanted anything, and they ended up being two of the most liberal jokers in the family and married other liberals too. Lets just say one works for the DA in Fulton county. One has already blown through about 6 mil of his inheritance. Uncle is dead now so glad he's not around to see it but I'm sure he would be missing those grandbabies.