I turn 61 in a few months. Social Security in 14 months, and in 2 yrs. I get $750 month from a pension. That should be about $2,800 month.. We dont owe anything and out house is 15 yrs old so no major repairs. As of now, we have a fair amount per yr. in dividends from our home made retirement account. Some is old 401K's though. That will bring us to about $60K a year, and $75K yr. after the wife gets her S.S. ( fingers crossedwith S.S though).. We will be fine, only cause I live so cheap . All those millionaires you all talk about, I could make them blush. Snicker. But I like it that way. Millionaires straightening out nails? You mean some people throw out crooked nails? I hang my clothes on the line 12 months a yr. and I live in Wis. They do dry in winter fairly well. Heat with wood . My electric bill was $67 and gas was $19. last month.. I don't always work on my cars anymore though.. I hunt 5 miles from home , fishing hole is 26 mi. A person can live pretty good with quite little. My son works at a " wealth managment firm. He sais " dad, the ones that have money live poor and are the happiest. The trust fund people are seldom happy, always have to complain about something and got their money for free. He sees 1,200 accounts , including his bosses. Monday God gave me a wakeup call. Many times I complain that I cant retire yet. That day , I tore my rotator cuff again . The pain is just unbearable sometimes. I worked 4 hrs. Monday and by Thursday the pain lessened to soreness and was bearable when sanding the oak floor. I was so happy to be back at work and said I would gladly work late into life than live in pain all the time. It was a blessing to be back at work.

Last edited by ihookem; 03/02/24.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23