Originally Posted by DHN
Timex, older vehicle, cheap beer; I guess I live like a millionaire.

I don't do the alcohol thing... but a Timex and older vehicles... I certainly check those boxes.

Heck, my favorite saying over the last 30 plus years... it sure is awfully expensive to be dirt poor nowadays.

Most of my relatives that others would consider 'wealthy' pretty much live the same way.

Last vehicle I bought new, was my 1988 4Runner.. still drive that one.. has 600K on it.
Got a couple of cousins, who still drive trucks they bought as far back at 1979.

but the wives still always get a new vehicle every 10 years of so.... My wife has started complaining about driving her 2004 Camry, as its got 200K on it. Guess it will passed on to me fairly soon. I'll buy her a newer vehicle, like a 2010 to 2012 or so....She only puts around 7K a year on a car... chuggin around town, and commuting 6 miles to work at the hospital 4 days a week.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez