Originally Posted by Bob_mt
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by BallotBoxBiology
If you dont have a milly by retirement and paid off house, you [bleep] up or got screwed along the way (cancer). Especially anyone retiring now. You had it damn good.

Using the 4% rule that's $40K/year today. Not much unless there is a pension in the mix. Of course social security will help. Twenty years from now?

40k a year with no debt is a lot and easy to live on. In the future this will be almost impossible to achieve.

Thanks boomers.

I don't know, I'm not sure I could live like I'd want to on $40K/year. Without factoring in mortgages or vehicle payments my expenses are about $2500/mth or $32,250/year. Doesn't leave much for vacations, fishing tackle, whiskey and beer...

there has been lots of studies on where people feel comfortable ...retired ...on a yearly income, 75,000.00 a year seems to be a sweet spot. of course depends on where you live. quick math....1mil....you could draw 50,000.00 a year for 20 years with no interest. add in 25,000.00 ss per year.....interest stretches it out....also depends on how much you want to leave behind. I have taken pretty much all of my big ticket items off when I was working....couple left then it will be hunting and fishing locally and couple of different states, that's the way I planned it....also when you retire start off with new or fairly new cars/trucks, it may sound cool to be driving around with 350,000 on your truck...no thanks...bob

Hah. That's funny, Bob. My vehicles don't usually make it anywhere near 350,000. But, that was when I was always buying American cars. Mine might make it to 200,000. If they do, they're usually crawling into the dealer lot. We'll see how this 4Runner does. In 4 years, this thing is still tight as a drum. But i'm not beating it up every day with construction material going in and out of the back of it.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH