Originally Posted by earlybrd
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
Two separate scenarios going on in this thread to my mind. Legally getting rid of renters who stop paying rent and just take up squatting is one, I understand there is bad law surrounding that , but the other is a whole different topic. If I come home from a week or two fishing trip or vacation, and someone is in my house, I certainly wouldn't wring my hands and twist about what I need to do. I don't think any man would hesitate, just as I wouldn't, to consider it a home invasion, illegal trespass and breaking and entering.
I find it hard to believe most of us here would open the door and upon seeing your home has been broke into and a home invader is present, would run back out to the car and nervously ask your bride, Oh honey, what should we do? I know I'd be swinging a bat or wielding a hand gun demanding the the fuggers to get out and make it quick.

There's a third scenario where both the owner and the renter are victims. A third party pretends to own the vacant house, draws up a lease agreement and leases it out to some unsuspecting renters. They get cash deposits, first and last month's rent and haul ass.
I’ve seen that happen

I've also heard of that happening, now there is a real mess....2 parties got screwed over, the owner & unsuspecting "renter".