When it arrives, I'll have my gunsmith check it out thoroughly. Check for oil damaged wood and repair it, check the bedding, etc. Of course, the most important thing is proper restoration/repair if needed while keeping the rifle original. If the gun is safe to fire, then I will definitely shoot it a few times.

I MIGHT use it to hunt a deer or a feral hog here in Texas while being very careful with it in the field, of course. I will most definitely NOT risk taking it to Africa (or take it on a commercial airline at all). Too much chance of damage to the rifle or having it stolen. Kind of a shame really.... It would be cool to take the old rifle back to Africa but I just don't want to chance it.

After I've played with it some and enjoyed having it in my home, I may talk to the Safari Museum to see if they would like to have it on loan from me in order to display it at the museum for a while.

Cheers!
-Bob F.

[Linked Image]

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke