Originally Posted by BFaucett
Just a quick follow up:

Osa's rifle arrived at my gunsmith's shop (Todd Johnson) on December 26. Todd called me this morning (Dec 27) with a preliminary report.

Serial number is 105930 which, according to Jon Speed's book, puts the year of manufacture as 1930-1931. "BUG" proof marks. Length of pull is 13.0 inches.

I have not seen the rifle yet but according to Todd the rifle is in immaculate condition; almost pristine. Todd said the seller's photos (see the photos I posted earlier in this thread) don't do the rifle justice. Blueing is about 95-98% with age related patina (which Todd described as beautiful). Stock and recoil pad are in excellent condition. Bore is in excellent condition and rifling is crisp. Fore end tip is authentic horn.

Due to the Christmas holiday (and out of town family staying at his house) and him being under the weather the past couple of days, Todd told me he had not pulled the action from the stock yet. He doesn't want to work on it until he's feeling better. So, no detailed report yet on other proof marks, etc. at this time. Rest assured that I will follow up with more information in the coming weeks.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Cheers! [Linked Image]
-Bob F.

The "gun rack" in the photo looks even better than the rifle. laugh

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”