Well guys been working the 405 hard coming up with a suitable load. Been using RL-15 powder as that was the best powder recommended. Used 300gr Woodleighs and TSXs. Finally settled on the TSXs and right at 2250 fps duplicating original factory specs. THe factory Hornady and Winchesters shoot a bit faster (2280s) and the Woodleighs a bit more accurate, but given the rounds lousy SD I settled on the TSXs to maximize penetration. THe TSXs are holding consisten 2 3/4" three shot groups@ 100. Funny thing about the Woodleighs, velocity seemed to top out in the 2180s no matter how much powder from about 53.5 to 55.5gr of RL-15. The TSXs in turn responded nicely with 30 fps increments per half grain of powder. I've also ordered a Lee Custom Factory Crimp Die as this has shown to tighten groups in all the other calibers I've used. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”