Well guys, I have some disappointing news.

From my post back on 12/27/09:

Originally Posted by BFaucett
I left the rifle at Todd's shop so that a well-known gun writer could see, handle, and take photos of it. He and I have been corresponding for the last year or so concerning an article that he is doing on the rifle. (It does take time for a gun writer to get a publisher interested in the subject matter, do research, take photos and write an article!) Now, I can't say much more than that at this time. But, I believe that in 2010 you'll be able to buy a new issue of a publication that will feature an article on Osa's rifle.

Don't worry..... When I get the "go ahead" from the author, I will be sure to post on here the name of the publication and when it will be available.

So... Be sure to stay tuned......

-Bob F.

Well the article wasn't accepted for publication; it apparently didn't make the editorial cut. Recent emails:

-------------------------------------------
To: [name deleted for his privacy]
Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Well, I looked through the table of contents (via Amazon) of the new Gun Digest 2011 and I didn't see an article about Osa's Mauser rifle. I guess it didn't make the editorial cut for publication. Oh well.... I just wanted to verify with you that that was the case.

Thanks!
Bob Faucett

To: Bob Faucett
Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Bob,

Yep, I saw that. Don't know what happened as I've not heard a word from Dan. It could be that he just ran out of room for more material. I'll let you know what happened when I speak with Dan.

Cheers,
[name deleted for his privacy]

I hope the gun writer doesn't mind me posting these emails on here concerning the article. I have deleted his name, from the emails I posted above, for his privacy. We were both excited about this project and the article. I'm hoping he can sell the article to another publication but he hasn't mentioned anything along those lines to me at this time.

And so it goes.....

-Bob F.