I hope this isn't out of line, but thought some might be interested in more .405 photo's.

This one is of a gal at the SCI Ozark chapter event the 26th of June this year shooting my son's .405 Take Down.

[Linked Image]

She also shot my model 70's in .375 H&H, .416 Remington, and .458 Winchester. She also shot my unfinished .416 Taylor Czech BRNO with the military stock and steel butt plate, and my wife's .500 Linebaugh.

All rifle rounds were loaded with cast bullets running around 2,150 to 2,200 fps and the Linebaugh's were going about 850 with a 450 grain bullet so the recoil wasn't too bad for any of them.

We thought of the Safari Museum when we reach Nebraska going back home, dang it. I watch Simba once or twice a year.

This photo is of my son Tyler shooting the unfinished Taylor.

[Linked Image]

This is Tyler a couple of years ago with a turkey he took with the .405.

[Linked Image]

He took this deer the same day about two hours after the turkey.

[Linked Image]

Both kills were running shots which I got a kick out of. Both dropped like a rock. The .405 could have been a bit hard on the turkey but the shot was low so it didn't do too bad. Wish I'da had a video camera with me to capture it all on the move, but at least I had the still photos.

David

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~