Originally Posted by MColeman
But assuming there is a Heaven and a God than I would have to say no. Free thinking/free choice do not lead one to Heaven or God. Therefore, one would have to presume that Heaven would be out for anyone who practices free thinking and free choice.

Now I can just see all the Christians going bonkers over this statement but seriously Christians, think deeply, go mystic, are you really practicing free thinking, free choice or are you just one of the sheeple?

I did have the choice of going to Heaven or not and I made my choice. The name 'sheeple' is derisive in that it shows that you have a low opinion of those who don't think as you do. You, evidently, have made your choice but who knows if you will stick with it or not. You would not be the first atheist to change their minds. Do a search on 'Ben Haden'. He was an atheist who became a Christian and then an evangelist. He has a unique way of presenting things.

www.changedlives.org He holds 'conversations, not sermons.

Sorry no offense was intended on the "sheeple" name.

I'm not an atheist although I did flirt with the idea once. I think the idea lasted about 10 seconds. I do believe in a Deity it is just that my Deity takes the from of the Goddess. For whatever it's worth, many Christians also pay homage to a Goddess in the form of Mary, the Mother of Jesus, and Mary Magdalene, the alleged partner and most beloved of all Jesus's disciples.

You are right I did make my choice. It may need to be fine tuned from time to time but it will remain Zen Deism, following the spiritual path of the Goddess.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude