Ah, the eternal skeptic laugh

My question is how in the heck do you get 3K with a 150 in the 270 Win's 23" tube?

RL22, WW414, RL19, H4350, H4831, Ramshot Hunter, Ramshot Big Game... none have gotten close for me what RL17 has done in the 300 WSM, and I'm running a full 1.5 gr's below Allinat's data with my rifle.

Could just be the hype is real?

I'm not willing to bet the farm yet... but am close.

Rifle shot GREAT... forgot a few things I had to re-learn... ie, a barrel shoots better when thoroughly broken-in (CLEANED between the first four or five rounds) and definitely some factory tubes show a real increase in accuracy with over 100 rounds through them. This one definitely has.

180 NP's were in the 3/4" range (and below) with RL17 at a slightly reduced load of 64 gr's and seated a full .050" off the lands (3,016 fps).

The 200 gr NP's continued their same boring accuracy.

Shot the 165 AB... went 3,145 fps no problem with 66.5 gr's of RL17. As usual, didn't shoot very well (around 1.4"... exactly what they do in my 308)... they might be the most consistently mediocre bullet I've ever used.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery