Mark, the point is advances in powders actually CAN happen... there are a few smart engineers, that know a thing or two more than me, out there working on problems my meager mind can't cope with. The 300 WSM has been out enough years now, and has achieved enough popularity, that I'd be willing to bet several brainiac's have been at work on this powder for quite some time.

Do you really think Alliant, in this day of litigation, is going to make claims that pressure data doesn't support?

It's a good thing we didn't all sit back and accept the 2,700 fps the early powders gave us with the 150 grainer in the 30-06 Springfield's 24" barrel back in 1906... 3,050 fps today is no problem with that bullet in that barrel length... something absolutely unheard of in it's day.

Seems to me a 50 - 100 fps gain (or whatever the real gain is) is relatively small by comparison.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery