Today I worked up some more loads for my 300wsm using RL 17 and the 168 gr xlc bullets, The results using the xlc bullets were kind of confusing, here are my results from today. I was using new brass for these loads, the last load I fired yesterday was 67 gr and produced 3058 fps and expanded .0010

68 gr 3115fps +.0015 expansion

68.5 gr got an error reading +.0013 expansion

69 gr 3152 fps +.0020 expansion

There was no heavy bolt lift with these loads, with the expansion as much as it was there should have been a heavy bolt lift, I even used my other micromiter that measures in increments of .001 and it confirmed the amount of expansion. I was hoping to get to 3200 fps. I had better luck with the 200 gr x bullets, here are those results, I used once fired brass with these loads.

60.5 gr 2721 fps + .0006

61 gr 2737 fps + .0003

61.5 gr 2743 +.0002

62 gr 2766 +.0005

There was no heavy bolt lift with these loads either,as you can see the increase in velocity was very consistant with these loads. I checked the primer pockets using winchester magnum primers and they almost fell in the pocket without any effort, however I have had problems with these primers with the wsm winchester brass, I then checked the pockets with CCI 250 primers which is what I was using with these loads, they fit much tighter, they are .001 larger than the winchester primers. trying to figure out what is going on with the xlc loads, maybe the problem is the brass, once fired brass may make it easier to check for excessive pressure, besides not having a heavy bolt lift the primers looked ok, you could still see the radius of the primers,no ejector marks either, factory rounds have a heavier bolt lift.