I just got my 3rd pair. I had 2 pair of 'smoke jumpers' years ago. I now have a pair with a lighter sole. What they will tell you when you go in to be fitted is that most feet will fit fine in their standard sizes. If you want custom or have feet that may require a custom last e.g. bunions or different sized feet, the they will be happy to make a pair. The wait time this time of year will be longer as they are supplying the fire fighters. There is another maker,in Spokane, and that is Nick's. The boots styles are very similar and the prices are close. Nicks reminds me of what Whites was 35 years ago. Whites now has a fancy store but when you go into Nick's you smell leather and all the associated odors. I like Nick's store. I may very well try Nick's next time. Why custom boots? Your feet will thank you, no hot spots and comfort. $400 is well worth the cost if you expect performance from your footwear. After wearing a pair of custom boots what was once a luxury will now be a requirement.pak

'Often mistaken, never in doubt'

'Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge' Darwin