I bought a pair of White's "Magnum" boots about twenty years ago. The had an outlet store about ten miles from our home and after I tried on a pair, I simply had to own them.

When I tried them on, the thought occurred to me, "Crap, it's like I was BORN in these boots, they fit so well."

I wore the White's Magnum boots around our jewlry store for two weeks (suffering the stares of rich-bitches) and they still felt like I was born in them. No hot spots, no soreness anywhere, just happy feet.

Having learned from a lifetime of disappointment, I went back to the very same store and bought another pair of White's Magnum boots in 11EEE And that was the smartest thing I have ever done.

The White's Magnum is unlike most White's. They are insulated and I find them ideal for all uses. Supposedly, the Magnum design came from a couple of disgruntled Danner employees and that influence shows. (Danner is local and they have cause me umpteen blisters ... I hate the Danner POS boots with a passion) If so, the Danner employees got it absolutely RIGHT when they designed the Magnum. Sadly, the Magnum design was discontinued after a few years. I did good by buying a second pair ... I insured a lifetime with a FABULOUS BOOT.

My Magnums have Air-Bob soles, which are exactly perfect for snow use and stalking on the forest floor. Perfect for my use.

Air-Bobs have a shorter lifetime when used on rocks and pavement, but I don't mind. They still work and they give me a "soft ride" like no other.

During the years, I've had White's totally resole my Air-Bob White's Magnums. The cost is $20.00 each and maybe $5.00 to ship them back. Cheap, by any measure. And I might add that the Air-Bob soles that they put on are even better; softer, better wear and superior grip than the originals.

In my twenty-some years as a gunny scribbler, I always wore my White's Magnums at the SHOT SHOW. Wearing the White's was the only way I could survive the many days of hard walking on unyeilding concrete that seeing the entire SHOT Show requires.

And in the hunting field, to make a silly statement, I cannot imagine any better boots. My White's are the finest boots I've ever used. They fit from the git-go, they give me ultra support for my weak ankles (Marfane's Syndrome) and they have never raised a blister.

I still have both pairs of White's Magnums and they are the best money I ever spent.

Steve.

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397