Simply take a look at a pair beside about any other boot. There are no stamped out vinyl or faux leather components, and they have brass eyes and laces a blind man could thread. They are hand made from high grade leather in the US, every seam is at least triple stitched, soles are held on with stitching, glue, and screws, they can be rebuilt, and obtained in custom fits. The high arch gives excellent support, and if well laced, ones toes will not touch the end while walking down the steepest slope one can stick to.

I've lived, hunted, and gone to church in mine since about 1982, have never experienced a blister, and suspect it's virtually impossible to roll an ankle while wearing 8 to 10 inch tops. The only other shoes I've worn have been court shoes for racket ball etc.

I purchased my first pair of packers back in 1982, and ordered a second pair 2 weeks later. They have been rebuilt numerous times. I sent a pair back 6 weeks ago, and they had finally deteriorated past a recoverable condition. That being, a new pair just arrived last week. I also have a pair of their dress boots (Packers again) that are about 20 years old and look like they came off the rack about 2 months ago.

They are by no means light-weight, yuppy, Gortex, back packing trail shoes. Drop one on the wife's poodle, and one may have a dog to bury. If one is intolerant of failure, Whites are the route to take. An excellent product and damn well worth it. 1Minute

Last edited by 1minute; 06/12/09.

1Minute